It’s a fact that when rugs and carpets are properly cleaned and maintained regularly, they will look their best and last longer. In order to do so, there are a couple of Do’s and Don’ts that should come to mind in efforts to make your rugs and carpets look and stay beautiful.
1. Never allow a wall-to-wall carpet cleaning firm to clean an oriental or area rug in your home. It may be the easier and cheaper alternative, but it will harm your rugs more than anything. This is because when a cleaner cleans a rug in the home with a hot water extraction machine, the top half of the rug will become saturated with detergent. Over-wetting the rug will eventually lead to mildew and ultimately ruin it.
2. Don't go with the cheapest price for the cleaning. You will get ripped off and your rugs won't get cleaned as properly as possible. Also, beware of companies that don't give you a firm "per square foot" price. Vague prices will only rack up extensive overcharges once they are in your home.
3. Don't forget to stain protect your rugs. Using Fiber-Guard will provide a superior top-to-bottom protection on each and every fiber in handmade rugs and carpets. It will help prevent permanent staining, make vacuuming easier and more effective, help prevent wear, and prolong the longevity of the rug.
4. Don't forget to use a good pad under your rug. They greatly prevent wear and all the pads we offer are custom-cut to fit your rug or your exact specifications.
1. Clean your handmade oriental rugs and machine made carpets every two to four years. Dan Hodges, President of the Oriental Rug Importers Association believes that this is crucial. Cleaning will remove grit and the surface soiling that leads to a dull appearance of your rug or carpet.
2. Go with a repitable firm with a certified rug specialist, great training, and a cleaning facility of their own. You want to make sure that the person in your home really knows what they're doing.
3. Always have your area rugs taken out of the home and cleaned by a professional company that specializes in Oriental rugs.
4. Vacuum your rugs and carpets frequently.
5. Rotate your rugs 180 degrees at least once a year.
6. Be ready when spills and accidents happen with our Spot and Stain Remover Kit. Available on our site for $29.95 plus shipping and handling.
7. Green Cleaning is important for your home. By going green when cleaning your carpets, it can help improve short and long term health benefits for your family and pets. It will reduce those certain chemicals in cleaning products that have been linked to health problems such as asthma and allergies. We are the world's largest and greenest cleaning facility and can conduct responsible and green cleaning processes in your home.